Saturday, April 19, 2014

HAPPY EASTER 
LINDSAY LOHAN

Poor thing.  I have a real soft spot for Lindsay.  Alanis Morissette said any form of child celebrity is child abuse (Alanis herself was a child actor in a Canadian soap opera): that when you see a child in a movie cry,  they are in fact crying, they're not acting, at that moment they're a kid in pain and crying.  A few people who had big acting or music careers as children have turned out alright like... well, like... oh you know, you know the one I mean.

Every time I see a photo of her (and I try not to read celebrity news, but it is impossible to avoid it all - the last thing I ever wanted to see was Justin Bieber's new hair cut [nor did I ever want to see his old one, for that matter], but see it I did, over and over) - anyway, every time I see a picture of Lindsay she looks lost, confused, as yet again she is hustled off to jail or rehab, having thrown another several months of her life down the toilet.  

I certainly know what it's like to fuck up big-time; I've been in a few rehabs and once in jail - not for the same reasons, but I know how awful it is to have everyone gossiping about you, making assumptions, having news stories written about you that are so fictional it is amazing the people who write them have jobs (by the way, I want to do a meditation soon on the people who write the "news": why on God's Green Earth do we trust them; journalists in general have a very justifiable reputation for having lifestyles worse than Lindsay's - I'd very much like to do an expose on the people who bring us the "truth").  It angers me that not only did someone "leak" a list of her lovers recently to the "press", but that anyone was willing to publish it.  Everyone who published it knew where it came from (rehab), and everyone who published it knew that everything that happens in rehab is supposed to be confidential.  Making life painful for people via the "press" has become a national past time, and it is a despicable one, and the people who profit from others' pain have a spirit akin to that of a Bridge Troll.

The above photo is a fake, another bit of mind-bending "press" that pops up about pretty actresses like Lindsay.  Why make a fake?  There are plenty of real pictures of her naked - and she's much prettier than the fake. 

Anyway, Lindsay kind of reminds me of myself, not only because of the trouble we've both been in, but because of our mutual beauty.  I know a lot of people have been wondering what I look like with my shirt off, so I made a fake of myself.  Like Lindsay, I look a lot better than this in real life, but I still feel a little uncomfortable about my body, and I thought it would be vain to post a rockin' selfie on my own page.

Anyway, and this I mean, 
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
The Lord is Risen.
The Lord is Risen indeed.  Hallelujah. 

3 comments:

  1. Your looking great Doug! You should have taken your shirt off the last time we saw you. Happy Spring to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jim. Too cold to take off one's shirt in Humboldt County. Although it looks like you guys have had record high temperatures. What do people wear when it gets hot there?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for choosing to comment. I will check your comment for approval within 24 hours.