Sunday, March 2, 2014

IS GETTING A NOSE JOB RIGHT FOR YOU?

I just read that Candice Swanepoel, the famous Victoria's Secret model, recently had a nose job.  It's hard to imagine that a girl who was so beautiful to begin with, would ever consider such a thing, but I suppose that when your body is your livelihood, you probably obsess about how you look more than most American women obsess about their looks.  Which is considerable, judging by the continued and enormous sales of fashion magazines - actual paper publications.

I personally think the nose job makes her look a little common, Brittany Spears-ish, not the exotic South African girl who first caught my eye.

But let's not forget other famous nose jobs: Marilyn Monroe's career skyrocketed after she got hers.  And, perhaps the most famous, or infamous of all, Jimmy Durante's.  Yes, few people know that the Old Schnozzle wasn't a gift of heredity, nor was it free.  However, it was an understandable adjustment for the actor, having perceived himself - pre-operation - as stuck, doomed to be a middle of the road character actor for the rest of his life. Jimmy's nose job proved to be genius as, post-op, he leaped to stardom with his legendary Schnozzle, becoming one of the supreme comedic leading men in film history.


One of my favorite Jimmy Durante bits - an advertisement for VW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I will check your comment for approval within 24 hours.